TV24 DESK: It’s incredible to look back on 2020 and realize how much we accomplished together. As I highlighted in a recent blog, the Microsoft Partner Network’s impact continues to shine—partners stepped up to provide innovative solutions and guidance for our customers during a year that challenged practically every organization on the planet. And while many of those challenges have followed us into the new year, I’m confident the world will be a better place through the thoughtful application of technology we make possible together.
While technology can increase efficiency or create business success; it also has the power to answer critical questions, bridge inequalities, and improve lives. We’re on a journey to reimagine our world by moving together towards a more sustainable future—one where economic growth is inclusive, technology is trusted, and the fundamental rights of people are unequivocally supported. It’s exciting to see our partners push the boundaries of what’s possible, but I’m inspired most when I see that potential applied to improving quality of people’s lives. Though there’s still so much that remains to be addressed, I continue to be proud of the impact our partners have made with individuals and organizations in every geography and multiple industries.
Our partner ecosystem is in a unique position to enable more inclusive economic recovery and growth. Delivering on the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals alone could unlock an estimated $12 trillion in market opportunity annually over the next decade. In 2020, we recognized our partners that participated in our #BuildFor2030 campaign by aligning their solutions with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals and we plan to extend the #Buildfor2030 campaign in 2021. Collectively, we can become a force for systemic change.
Learn more about our collective opportunity for powering inclusive economic recovery and growth.
I’ve compiled a list of recent examples of partners using technology for good, with a few from Microsoft, which I hope you will find as inspiring as I do.
- The South Eastern Sydney Local Health District helped leverage the cloud to build a smartphone app to monitor COVID-19 patients.
- Africa’s Talking uses Microsoft Azure Arc to manage multiple Kubernetes clusters and deploy data services wherever they’re needed from a centralized point of control, helping its customers grow and create more opportunities across Africa.
- Imperial College London is using Microsoft HoloLens to help medical students get vital experience of real patients in hospitals despite COVID-19 restrictions.
- We worked with FedEx to support the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- We joined with nine other companies to establish the Transform to Net Zero initiative to accelerate the transition to a global economy with net zero emissions.
- Sodexo and Microsoft partnered to further develop employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Microsoft has partnered with the European Parliament to develop an AI-based tool that will automatically transcribe and translate parliamentary debates in real-time, with the possibility to learn from human corrections and edits.
- We provided guidance around how partners can work together to help customers return to the workplace and three primary ways technology can help protect employees during the return to the office.
These are just a few examples of the difference we can make when we work together. Our solutions really do have the power to make life better for individuals, organizations, and communities across the world. I want to thank you for your continued partnership, and I’m excited to see what we accomplish together throughout 2021 and beyond.
Source: Karen Fassio